WELCOME TO MY SIMPLE BLOG...

21 Oktober 2008

When students are proud of their own mistakes…


I want to share my problem related to my students who have a strange manner. It is started when I am in charge of teaching Social Class instead of teaching in Science class. It is generally known that when the teacher wants to start teaching in social class, she or he has to prepare everything well especially concerning to the mental preparation. It is because social class has complicated human resources and sometime low motivated students. But it doesn’t seem true 100% since I analyze by my self that there are some students who has high motivation in learning.

I teach three classes. In every class I find certain student who seems to be a source of difficulty of the successfulness of teaching learning process. He often makes trouble and disturbs the allocation of the time to study. Sometime I have to spend about more that 20 minutes to discuss about the problem rather than discuss the material. One of the most frequently thing discuss is about the discipline such as coming late, delaying homework, not wearing uniform, long hair and nail etc.

Actually I as the teacher have informed them before about this. But in fact, the students frequently repeat it again for more than twice. I know that they are actually aware of what they have done is mistake and they have broken the rule as well. But why they feel proud of their mistake??

I am afraid if the mistake is used by them as means of popularity. What I mean here is they do that deliberately to make them popular within the community. Is it true?? Popularity is needed by all people to satisfy the soul. But it is absolutely not good when it is done by wrong way. This is a small phenomenon of the recent era. I am dizzy of thinking about it….