WELCOME TO MY SIMPLE BLOG...

29 Agustus 2008

Teacher and teaching


This morning I went to school after going home from traditional market. It was my daily activities before teaching in the school. When I wanted to enter my class my senior colleague said to me that he wanted to enter my class to give daily examination. He asked me to be a superintendent. I said ok. I entered my class then. Having read Al-Qur’an for about 15 minutes with my students in the class, I told them that they would have daily examination instead of studying English. I could see from their face that they were surprised since they had no preparation to answer the question. One of the students raised his hand proposing to me to have about 5 minutes to read the book. Because of limited time given, I decided to continue the activity. My senior colleague entered my class and distributed the question sheets to my students.

5 minutes passing smoothly when I noticed a students sitting in the back line acting something silly. He took a piece of paper in his drawer. I came closer to him making sure what’s happened. Surprisingly, I saw he brought his friend’s answer sheet. Spontaneously, I took the paper without any questions. I often noticed him doing a silly thing in the class. He frequently spoke abruptly as I explained the material in the class. He merely tried to attract his classmate attention. After convincing my self about what’s happened, I asked him to put his chair as a place to write the answers. I let him squatting.

Then I came closer to the owner of the paper. She was extremely nervous when I gave some questions about how the paper moved to the others. Since she could not give convincing answer, I wrote a note in her answer sheet that there was something trouble with her. Then I asked her to submit it by her self to related teacher.

Actually, all my students seem to be good student. When a certain student breaks the rule such as coming late and not bringing a book, they seem to be bothered. As a teacher I face difficulties in whether I continue my material or I postpone the class to handle the problem. Usually I let them to write “Istighfar” as many as possible based on the level of wrongness.

Again and again being a teacher is complicated. May everybody will understand what the teacher do is for the students beneficence.